Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What do you think, am I an alcoholic?

Every time I drink I drink way too much and cant stop myself. Yesterday I had 16 beer and then 3 pitchers at the bar, would you consider me an alcoholic and should I go and get help. I tried calling a helpline today but as soon as the girl picked up I said I must have the wrong number. I was too scared to actually talk to someone about this.
Answer:
well, the convenient answer that most people would give you is, yes, you're an alcoholic. however, there are details to consider. has it taken control over your life? do you find yourself avoiding other things to drink? do all of your resources go toward locating your next buzz? if not, then i would say that you're not an alcoholic, but you do need to learn your limits and stick to them. bring a buddy along to cut you off, and make sure that you have someone to drive you home. it's not worth the risk.
As long as you aren't driving and drinking isn't interfering with your family life, or ruining relationships with friends, or affecting your job, I think you're fine...it isn't healthy, but I don't think you have a major problem.
Well... If you do that much drinking very often, then I would say so, but if that's like a once a week thing then not so much. It can be very hard to seek advice from a stranger such as a helpline, or a therapist, but you just have to slowly open up. If you are paying for all your beer then limit yourself and don't take so much money untill you get to the level you would to be drinking at. Just take things slowly. Don't let yourself be exposed to the oppurtunity as much.
You are definitely an alcoholic. Go to an AA meeting. It is totally non-threatening and welcoming. Help yourself now.
No way , your not an alcoholic, i actually think you don't drink enough. try 24 beers next time and 4 pitchers of beer, let me know how that works out ok ?
I do think you need to get help...drinking too much will ruin your life. Please take my advice I have lived through an alcoholic abusive father and my uncle just passed away from drinking.
Only you can decide if you are an alcoholic, but it sounds like you drink the way I used to drink, and I am definitely an alcoholic. I suggest going to some AA meetings and listening to the people share their experiences. If there are things that you hear that you can identify with, then maybe that will help you decide. Make sure to go to "open discussion" meetings at first, which are open to anyone, not just those with a desire to stop drinking.If you decide that you are an alcoholic, and you are ready to change your life for the better, then get a sponsor immediately. A sponsor will help you work through the steps, and working the steps is the only way this alcoholic has been able to remain sober.Good luck.
I WOULD SAY YOU HAVE A DRINKING PROBLEM IF YOU HAVE TO BE DRUNK EVERYDAY. WHEN ALL YOU THINK ABOUT IS WHEN CAN I HAVE MY NEXT DRINK OR WHAT DO I WANT TO DRINK NEXT. WHEN IT STARTS AFFECTING YOUR JOB,FAMILY,MONEY ,AND YOUR HEALTH I WOULD SAY YES YOU NEED HELP.BUT ONLY YOU KNOW IF YOU NEED HELP. YOU HAVE TO ADMIT IT TO GO AND GET HELP.THERE ARE ALL KIND OF GROUPS TO HELP YOU THRU THIS. YOUR DOCTOR CAN EVEN GIVE YOU A PILL TO HELP YOU GET OVER THERE URGE TO DRINK ALL THE TIME.I WISH YOU THE BEST AND I HOPE YOU TRULY LOOK AT YOURSELF WHEN YOU ASK YOURSELF THIS QUESTION AM I AN ALCOHOLIC? BECAUSE YOUR ANSWER WILL SET THE PATTERN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.GOD BLESS YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net