Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What does it feel like to be put under general anesthesia? Read on plz?

I am curious what it feels like right as your going out, is it like blacking out, fading away, etc... I am having anxeity over this and would like some answers from people who have experienced it!
Answer:
Don't sweat it. It's hard to explain, you don't really "notice" it. They give you a mild sedative to relax you beforehand. One minute you'll be in the pre-op and the next you'll be in the recovery room. Nothing to it.
One minute you exist and the next second you don't. Nothing is gradual. You're gone in a flash. There's nothing to it. Don't be scared.
For me, I got really dizzy and felt like I was just going around and around, then everything went black. It doesn't last long though and there's nothing to be afraid of, it's not that bad.
It feels as if you're going to sleep. You wouldn't even know it. After it's all over, you just open your eyes. Don't worry. Nothing will happen to you.
It's nothing to be anxious about and it does not hurt.After they put the stuff in through the IV, you gradually get sleepy and everything fades out. Then, seeming the next second, you wake up.I have been put under twice the past six years. Both times I woke up different. The first time I woke up slowly with the nurse calling my name. The second time I woke up naturally and grew accustomed to my surroundings within a minute.
After they've stuck a drip or two in your arm, your chatting as they prep you.Then the next moment, you're lying in recovery feeling like crap. Like you have the worst FLU, the worst HANGOVER and the worst INDEGESTION, which means it's all over.
It feels like your falling asleep. It's not a very good sleep and afterwords you're really groggy, but you don't feel a thing. I was terrified I was going to wake up, but I never did. After I woke up it felt like they hadn't even started.
It just feels like your getting really sleepy and then all of a sudden you are asleep. It seems like only a few minutes later and then your awake again. You just lose time during what ever is going on. It isn't bad to go through, it is easy. Not to worry at all.I have had surgery three times and I have been put out for all three of them, wasn't a problem at all.
Just relax and it'll be just fine. I've done this at least 6 times and it's just like falling asleep. If you want to have some fun try to count to 10 and see if you make it. Really, don't worry at all.
Yeah, there's nothing to be anxious about. You might be slightly nauseous afterward; but nothing seriously painful at all.It really is like going to sleep. You're awake; then you're not. It's perfectly peaceful.Relax! You'll be fine. :)
Honestly It doesn't feel like anything. You will probably be given a Valium to take the morning of. If not, ask for one!! When you arrive at the surgery sight, they should hit you with an IV. Once it starts flowing, they will shoot in the good stuff and ask you to count down from ten. If you make eight you are awesome. Nothing to worry about though. You will be hooked up to all sorts of monitors and such. You will wake up thirsty with a sore throat. Ice chips are your best friend at this point!
Once the med in put into your i.v it is only a matter of seconds;you Will be asked to count to 100 (or count backwards from 100) at any rate by the time you finish hearing your instructions, if you will, you may get to number5...next thing you know you are waking up...
Ive done it twice and im only 17.
Two surgiers wrist and ankle :p
It's nothing too too bad going out.
Do it by IV, not by the mask, the IV method is alot faster and more comfortable.
They tell you they're going to put the meds in the IV and you feel kinda like hot going into your arm, then the room spins for like 2 seconds and your asleep, next thing you know you're awake again.
YOu may experience a few side effects of it, such as dizzy-ness and feeling like your sick to your stomach, but it's nothing too too bad.
Hope everything goes well for you! Lemme know how everythign turns out!
For me it was like fading away and then I just woke up and I was really tired
Well I had the mask with the gas that puts you out and the doctor counted down from 10 while I breathed it in. I think he got to about 5 because I tend to take really deep breaths, but it just felt like everything was fading away really and just like going to sleep. I think everyone is effected differently. Oh but I didn't like the fact I couldn't eat or drink for ages before and afterwards I drank like a litre of water even though you're not supposed to! It makes you sick. But all in all, I was 10 and scared and my arm was broken so I had no choice. It wasn't as bad as I thought and I got lots of sympathy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net