Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What does it mean for a diabetic patient to have sweet smeing urine?

I am a diabetic. I was diagnosed when I was 18 and now I am 27. I was on medicine to begin with but now I am not. I was controling it with diet. In the past few months I have become very fatigued and always wanna sleep. I can not go without sleeping for 2 hours. My urine is always very dark in color and really sweet smelling. I have not been checking my blood sugar regularly because I have been preoccupied with school full time and work full time. Can this mean that my sugar has gotten out of hand. Oh yeah I have not been able to eat my 3 meals a day and no multi-vitamins are not working. If I do eat it may be one meal at 8pm or later. What does this mean. I was hoping I would not have to go to the doctor. The medicine is drag!! Please help!!
Answer:
Please go to a doctor tomorrow if possible! The fatigue, lack of energy, all that indicates you are out of balance and could be in serious danger. Please see the doctor now because this disease is so treatable. It may not be pleasant to stick yourself but now they have testing supplies and drugs that make treatment much much easier.
You could have a very good quality of life but you could do some irreversible damage if you continue too long neglecting your treatment and controlling your blood sugar levels.
PLEASE GO NOW to the doctor!
You sound depressed and affected in a way that could be serious. Eating one meal a day, you know that is very bad for a diabetic. So go! 'K? Please read this article on ketoacidosis because it can be DEADLY and you sound like you may be about there!
http://www.diabetes.org/type-1-diabetes/...
Unusual urine odor: What does it mean?
Mayo Clinic urologist Erik Castle, M.D., and colleagues answer select questions from readers.
Answer
Urine odor is related to the volume and concentration of a variety of chemicals excreted by the kidney. Normally, diluted urine doesn't have much odor. If you're dehydrated and your urine becomes highly concentrated, it can have a strong ammonia smell. Many foods and medications 鈥?such as asparagus or certain vitamins 鈥?also can affect the odor of urine.Most changes in urine odor are temporary and don't indicate serious illness. But sometimes an unusual urine odor can be associated with an underlying medical condition, such as a urinary tract infection. If you're concerned about the odor of your urine, talk to your doctor.Urine odor Potential medical causes
Strong ammonia smell Not enough fluids, dehydration
Foul smelling Bacterial infection of the kidneys or bladder
Sweet smelling Uncontrolled diabetes
Musty smelling Liver disease; phenylketonuria, a rare, inherited metabolic condition
Maple syrup smell Maple sugar urine disease, a rare, inherited metabolic disorder
Taste you urine. Just a drop on you finger and taste it with your tongue. If it's sweet you sugar is way to high. (This is an old quick test that they used to use in hospitals). May bet is that it will be sweet to the taste. Run, do not walk to you local physician, health clinic, etc. Now, the risks of not taking care if this are life threatening. Medicine my be a drag but so is blindness, leg amputation and death.
Your sugar is out of control and you are damaging your body. You must see a doctor, and you must take your medicine and maybe even insulin. Don't want to? Tough. You brought this on yourself.
Test your sugar and you will have your answer.Take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net