Saturday, October 31, 2009

What do you think of the Gastric Bypass surgery?


Answer:
If you have a BMI over 50, it can be a life saver. I had it, and I am happier than I've ever been.
I'd hate to sound harsh, but I don't think this is a good way to go. It is undergoing major surgery that hasn't been well studied for the long-term effects.Unless the eating is irreversibly psychological, then there are other ways to decrease one's intake that is not so dangerous.
I know several people who have had Gastric bypass or Lap band surgery and developed serious problems after losing a lot of weight. Some people have even died from these surgeries. Don't risk it.
I have a friend that just got one in Dec. and she is so happy she has lost over 60 lbs without dieting and she has lots of more energy now that she is thinner so she is also walking and exercising. Still I would recommend a physicians point of view since every case is different.
It depends how big you are. 400 pounds? I say go for it. If you're 200 and trying to get to 120, no way! Its very risky and should only be used if your weight is likely to kill you in the near future. I'd see a dietician and a trainer first. You could shed 100 pounds in a year with diet and exercise if you are dedicated.
For some people it's crucial to help them regain their health. For most people it;'s best to avoid it and work on losing the weight another way. They are now finding some very scary long term effects that haven't been talked about before. ya know, like dying! They now say a percentage of people that get through the surgery fine will die withing a year. It also causes malabsorbtion of nutrients so health can seriously suffer. It is definitely not to be taken lightly.
I think that Gastric Bypass Surgery is a very dangerous .I will never have that type of surgery done because i think you should love your self just the way you are.we all want to be america top model but we cannot be that so think about yourself before you go through that type of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


What do you © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting

vc .net